- 400g crumbled butter biscuits
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 450 Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 measuring spoons of matcha
Preparation (video below)
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line an approx. 20 x 20 cm baking tin with baking paper.
2. Mix the shortbread crumbs with the melted butter until moistened.
3. Then use the bottom of a measuring cup or glass to press the shortbread crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 165ºC.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, then mix in sour cream and eggs.
5. Place approx. 200g of the cheesecake filling in a separate bowl. Sift in the matcha and stir until the matcha is well mixed.
6. Pour the regular cheesecake filling (without matcha) evenly over the cooled shortbread crust. Then add the matcha cheesecake filling.
7. Using a knife, spoon or toothpick, create the swirl design
8. Bake at 165ºC for 40-45 minutes, then let cool completely on a wire rack.
9. We recommend covering the cheesecake with foil and placing it in the fridge for at least 6 hours / overnight, but you can also enjoy it warm.
View this post on Instagram