5 ways to make matcha a habit.
It's not always easy to incorporate a new step into your morning routine - whether it's stretching, meditation, or a new healthy drink like matcha. Here are 5 ways that helped me make matcha a daily, healthy habit:
1. Replace your old habit
Are you trying to replace matcha with coffee? Then throw away or hide your coffee capsules/powder/beans and put your matcha right where the coffee was. When you're tired in the morning and reach for coffee out of habit, you'll find matcha in its place.
2. Control and Accountability
Sometimes it's helpful to document a new habit, either alone or with someone to support you. Here are a few ideas:
- Use our 30-day Matcha Challenge Calendar
- Commit to taking a photo of your matcha every morning and posting it to your Instagram Story for 30 days.
- Send us your daily Matcha photo via WhatsApp for 30 days.
3. Prepare the night before
- Make your matcha the night before
Perfect for people who are stressed in the morning or have little time. Matcha is very insensitive to air, but it can be “stored” in a liquid state. Prepare your matcha latte the night before, empty it into a drinking bottle and put it in the fridge. In the morning, just shake it and voilà: a refreshing matcha latte that you can enjoy on the way to work or in the office. You can also set an alarm every evening, for example at 7 p.m., to remind you to make your matcha for the following morning.
- Prepare everything in the kitchen
Get everything ready in the kitchen the night before (matcha, blender, mug, spoon, etc.) so that everything is there and waiting for you when you wake up.
- Visual aids
Give yourself a visual cue when you wake up, such as taping a sticky note with the words "Make Matcha" or our 30 Day Matcha Challenge on your bathroom door.
4. Create rules that will make you make matcha
- You are not allowed to go to the toilet in the morning without turning on the kettle or making your matcha.
- You can't go to bed at night without making your matcha and putting it in the fridge for the next morning.
- You can't leave the house without drinking a matcha shot (just like brushing your teeth or getting dressed) - even if you're going to be a little late (this forces you to be more prepared next time).
5. Include other habits besides drinking matcha in your new morning routine and create a detailed plan for them
Let's say you want to completely change your morning routine . Then create a detailed plan with all the steps & timings and set the alarm on your phone so you stay on track.
"I want to do yoga, drink matcha and journal in my new morning routine."
Plan: Do 15 minutes of yoga, make a matcha latte, and drink it while you write in your journal (e.g. what you are grateful for and what you want to accomplish today).
Then use your phone to set the alarm (choose calm alarm sounds, not the siren alarm). That could look like this:
06:00 Alarm clock: Wake up and brush your teeth
06:05 Alarm clock: Start yoga
06:20 Alarm clock: Finish yoga, prepare matcha
06:25 Alarm clock: Start writing in a diary
06:30 Alarm clock: Finish writing in your diary and take a shower
I hope you can use some of these tips to make matcha your new daily healthy routine or even motivate yourself to create the morning routine you've always wanted.
If you have any questions, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a message on WhatsApp .
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Founder of MatchaLand